Thursday, June 10, 2010

VBS and other thoughts.

At church, we have just wrapped up our Vacation Bible School.  It was a wonderful week filled with excited, yet tired teachers, excited, and never tiring kids, teens, and adults (ok, maybe they did tire).  I have been Pastor of this wonderful congregation for a little over a month now and it has been a tremendous blessing to me.  Coming into VBS, I was admittedly a little scared.  Such an important event in the life of the church, and a rookie like me coming in, it was well terrifying.  And yet, God blessed in awesome ways.  Wonderful volunteers, hearts for God and people, and just an all around uplifting week.  The week served to remind me of one very important fact. Today's kids and teens are our future.  As the Christian church, as a nation, and as the world.  The work we do with them will have a direct impact on the direction the world takes.  I am proud to invest in their lives, to show them that God loves them, and that I love them.  And with that folks, I believe we can change the world.  President John F. Kennedy once said "Children are the world's most valuable resource and it's hope for the future." In Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Children (and teens) are important to God, important to future and should be important to us.  I am proud to have invested in the lives of many, and pray God continues to bless me with more opportunities.  Are you investing in the future? I hope so, and if not, NOW IS THE TIME!

No comments: